Fonseca Law Solicitors


South Wales: 01495 303124Oxfordshire: 01869 205204

Facebook logoTwitter logoGoogle+ logoemail Fonseca


Professional Negligence

If you have suffered a personal injury, be it a road traffic accident, an accident at work or an accident abroad, you may be considering making a personal injury claim against the guilty party. In such cases you need professional and expert advice which you can trust; the last thing you expect is to suffer financial loss or additional costs due to careless advice or misinformed guidance from solicitors.

Unfortunately, such cases do occur, which is why it’s important to understand that if you do fall victim to professional negligence the law is on your side. Should you suffer any financial loss as a result of negligent advice provided by a lawyer whom you’re paying, you can file a professional negligence claim to attempt to recover these losses.

How to make a professional negligence claim

If you feel a qualified lawyer has acted incompetently or provided you with negligent advice, our team of highly qualified and expert solicitors will first lead an enquiry to determine if the mistake made was due to incompetence of negligence on part of the lawyer, and then whether it has resulted in financial loss or other hardships. If we find this to be the case we will take your professional negligence case further and open proceedings on your behalf to help you recuperate any financial loss.

Currently the time-frame for bringing a professional negligence claim forward is six years from the original act of negligence. Six years may seem like a substantial period of time to make a claim, but if you feel you have been the victim of professional negligence, we advise you to seek expert help as soon as possible as it is easier to prove negligence closer to the original act. Nevertheless, if you have suffered professional negligence over 6 years ago please don’t hesitate to contact us as you still may be eligible to make a claim.

Claim Evaluation Form

Please complete this form and one of our personal injury solicitors will be in touch with an evaluation of your claim.