Personal Injury FAQ
Our answers to the frequently asked questions. If you need any further help please contact us.
Will I get 100% of the compensation?
Yes! We will only accept your case if we feel there is a good chance of reaching a reasonable outcome and we re-coup our costs from the other legal company or insurers. Your compensation is kept completely separate and is all yours to spend with how you like!
To find out more, just fill out our fast, easy and FREE claims form or call us on our dedicated claims Freephone number on 0800 156 0770!
What is a Personal Injury?
The Citizen’s Advice Bureau gives the following advice as to what constitutes a personal injury:
A personal injury can be:
- a physical injury, disease or illness, or
- a psychological injury or illness.
A personal injury could result in death.
Examples of personal injuries are:
- an injury at work. This includes work-related illnesses such as a disease caused by working with asbestos
- a psychological illness caused by stress at work
- an injury caused in a traffic accident
- an injury received as a result of faulty goods or services
- an injury caused if you trip over paving stones
- a psychological illness suffered as a result of abuse as a child
- an injury caused by errors in hospital treatment or by vaccinations
- a physical or psychological injury sustained by a victim in the course of a crime
- a psychological illness caused by discrimination or harassment in your work-place.
Am I eligible to claim compensation?
How will I pay for pursuing a claim?
We can advise you about this when we discuss your claim. There are various sources of financial assistance that could be pursued, depending on the nature of your particular situation.
For more online information about whether you qualify for Legal Help, you can use the eligibility calculator on the Ministry of Justice website.
Can Fonseca offer a ‘No Win No Fee’ service?
Yes, we can offer ‘No Win No Fee’ claims and representation depending on your circumstances, please contact us and we can give you all the necessary advice.
How long will it take for my claim to be considered, processed and resolved?
This will depend entirely on the nature of your claim. Contact us us for further information.